I love karaoke. I love it so much that I’ve been trying to incorporate it into every major life event (birthdays, weddings, christenings, quinceaneras, funerals) but I love it more when it’s cheap and accommodating to the biggest diva ever, aka myself.
I’ve been going to DUET 35 and DUET 48 for years until they opened this spot three blocks from my house two years ago. I haven’t been to the other locations since.
Here’s what to love about this spot:
1. MAD cheap son. Someone ticked you off at work? Want to see how many dance moves you remember from N’ Sync’s “bye bye bye” video? Get here before 8pm during the week and pay $4 an hour Monday through Thursday. $5 on Friday through Sunday. After 8 pm its $6 Monday through Thursday. $8.50 Friday through Sunday.
2. Once again…it’s mad cheap!!!
3. You get to let it all out. No one will judge you. Cameras are placed in every room but unless you’re in the corner trying to build a fire, no one will disturb you until your time is up. You get to practice that high note in PAY-CE.
4. It’s not BYOB but they’ll let you bring in outside food and if you want to be really cheap, they’ll gladly bring you a pitcher of water if you ask. They have a full bar if you’re in the mood for booze but the drinks are a little pricey. If you want to save money but want to drink, steer away from the fruity drinks and get yourself a Long Island. It’s 8 bucks but it’s the best buzz for your buck. You’ll be ready and warmed up for your Bohemian Rhapsody solo.
5. The videos. Some songs have the original videos made by the artist in the background but most of the songs have old 80’s dance/melodrama going on in the background. It’s hysterical.